Wednesday 17 July 2013

Posting great content on a blog is vital for its success. Creating it fast is a big problem amongst bloggers, including myself. I have been able to come up with a strategy that has been working for me for some time now.

Especially new bloggers and those who are new to writing, struggle to find that process that helps them deliver that vital spark to constantly produce great content.

Maybe its because there is a lack of planning. Writers just sit in front of there screen and try and think of something to write about.

A lot of time its distractions like sitting in front of the television or having your social networking accounts up and active. These can all take your mind away on the task at hand. If any of these apply to you, then this post is going to go along way for you.

Follow some of these suggestions on how to produce your content quicker and reap the benefits before long.

Planning your future posts

For my blog I keep an A4 work pad that holds all my ideas for my blog, I have over about 200 ideas for blog posts that I am still trying to work through and I am adding to it daily! Its become my Bible.

For about 5-10 minutes a day I write my ideas even if they are farfetched. Maybe in a few months those ideas may not be as crazy as they once were. I reflect on everything that I have wrote and take the next steps towards my blog.

Another great thing I do is sit and write the titles of all my blog posts and stuff that I want to know. As I begin to write my post titles more and more come up elaborating on the subject. The next thing I know I have 2 A4 pages of blog posts that I can work on. It can take ages to come up with that one idea, once it does they all come flocking in.

Set yourself some time and sit down for 10 minute intervals. Write down anything that comes to mind to do with your blog. As you begin to write you will be amazed. Even if the idea is terrible, write it down anyways. As I said before it may become the great idea eventually.

Pick your idea and elaborate your plan

Before you sit down to write your post, refer back to your ideas you just done, pick an idea that really stands out to you that you think you will enjoy working on. This can help you, if you enjoy the post your working on, the more success you will have writing it.

Take the time to plan your blog post. Write down the things you want to include into your post and pictures, videos if that's anything to do with your post. Make sure everything is in place before you sit in front of the screen and type away.

Post ideas come in varying structures but are easy to plan and people love to read them. Try planning some top 10's or how to guides. These I find are the most successful. This obviously depends on your blog of course but the same rules apply slightly. Some writers like to plan in a linear format, by writing a list; others prefer to use mind-mapping, throwing ideas down onto the page and organizing them afterwards. Myself I like to write in lists as I find this easier to follow. Try and experiment and see if you can find the style you like.

Now turn your TV off and start writing

Cut out all the distractions around you and start to write your opening of your blog post. Its very easy to pull up a new tab on your browser and log into Facebook. Pull yourself away. Writing is a hard activity to do it well. Distractions are easy and can make your mind travel elsewhere. Its very easy to give into the temptation of something else.

Once you are into the writing and your flowing your words around the blog post, its best to keep your mind focused on the task at hand, avoid stopping. If you keep stopping to look at the TV or your Facebook account, its very hard to get going again. If you find it tough to focus at home, try writing somewhere else.

Take your laptop to a cafĂ©, or use a computer in your local public library. You’ll probably find that it’s much easier to concentrate. I sit in my back garden and enjoy the sunshine while it lasts. This helps me dramatically.

Look over your post and proof-read and edit if necessary

Now you have your blog post finished. Its time to look over it and edit the mistakes you have made. Its wise to leave the editing to the end, its ok to change the odd typing mistake but changing sentences and removing paragraphs leave that to the end because it will interrupt your flow of writing and can take you a while to get started again.

Once you think you have your post finished and edited, leave it for a couple of hours or even a day to have a fresh pair of eyes go over it. You may find poor choice of words or grammar mistakes that just don't look right anymore that you did not spot when writing. Also good to look for before you hit publish. Get someone else to read your post and see if they can spot any errors or give you any tips. This helps me and its always good to have another persons view on your masterpiece.



If you follow these steps while you write your posts, you will find you will be writing your posts a lot faster. The next thing you know you will be knocking out the posts in no time. You may find that you will enjoy your writing process a lot more. This can only be an advantage as your blog will grow with more posts than they ever did before. Give it a go. I would love to know how this has worked for you or if you have any other tips that help you write your content faster. Why not drop a comment below this post and reveal all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. They are much appreciated. Come back soon to see a reply.